We are GDPR compliant and more important to say ePrivacy Directive compliant:
- SEAL is a European company and our servers are located in Dublin.
- SEAL tracks completely anonymously the pageviews (hits) made by visitors.
- SEAL doesn’t insert any kind of code in the users’ terminal.
- SEAL doesn’t track individually:
Under our lawyers and ourselves ePrivacy Directive interpretation, you can’t track individually each user without consent. So, if web analytics is tracking, even anonymously, the page views made by the users, you’d need consent from the user.
- SEAL tracking system is based on «isolated hits»:
SEAL tracks «hits» or page views, each click is not correlated with other clicks, so we don’t track users behavior, instead, SEAL tracks individual hits.
From each hits SEAL tracks:
- Time stamp
- User Agent (we don’t store the user agent)
- Current URL
- Referral URL
SEAL is cookieless and privacy-first web analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, PECR, and ePrivacy directive, based on only 4 variables, while it’s completely useful for marketers and data analysts.