The purpose of this guide is to provide support to insert the Seal Metrics tracking and conversion codes via Google Tag Manager.
There are two ways to get Seal Metrics Tags. Using the onboarding feature (When you start a new account) or using the Seal Metrics tags page. Once you got the tags, you can start the integration process with google tag manager.
Main issue when integrating GTM with Seal Metrics:
- I’m not receiving conversions: There many reasons why you are not receiving conversions after installing your tags… here we detail the most common issues and its solution:
- Tags priority: Please remember that conversion code should be launched always after tracking code… thanks why with google tag manager we do recommend you customize this event with «Dom ready» function
- Undefined Transaction ID: If your data layer is not collecting the transaction ID, is important to fix that… and it’s because Seal Metrics use this ID to avoid transaction duplication… so id Seal Metrics receive the id «Undefined» or «null» or «not set», Seal Metrics will record the first conversion, but it will not allow to add any other conversion with this transaction id.
- I don’t have a data layer pre created: This data layer is required to get add value data into your account, so we recommend connect with your IT team to get the main variables integrated GTM to use this data (Basic Variables: Email, transaction id & Amount). In case you don’t have it, you will not have access to next Seal Metrics Benefits:
- Cross domain function
- Audience creator (based emails)
- Transaction duplication control
- Revenue & ROI