We are GDPR compliant and ePrivacy Directive compliant:
- SEAL is a European company, and our servers are located in Dublin.
- SEAL tracks ultimately anonymously and isolated page views (hits).
- SEAL doesn’t insert any code in the user’s terminal.
- SEAL doesn’t track individually:
Under our lawyers’ and ourselves ePrivacy Directive interpretation, you can’t track each user individually without consent. So, if web analytics is tracking, even anonymously, the page views made by the users, you’d need permission from the user.
- The SEAL tracking system is based on «isolated hits»:
SEAL tracks «hits» or page views; each click is not correlated with other clicks, so we don’t track users’ behavior. Instead, SEAL tracks individual hits.
From each hits SEAL tracks:
- User Agent (we don’t store the user agent)
- Current URL
- Referral URL
SEAL is cookieless and privacy-first web analytics compliant with GDPR, CCPA, PECR, and ePrivacy directive, based on only four variables, while it’s completely useful for marketers and data analysts.